Skip To Main Content
College of Arts & Sciences



Conference Travel Funding Application – Download and fill out this form if you are applying for travel to an academic conference. Once the form and supporting materials are compiled, submit the form to -INFORMATION COMING SOON.

Dissertation Enhancement Funding Application – Download and fill out this form if you are applying for assistance collecting preliminary data aimed at assessing the viability of a potential thesis or dissertation topic.

Pilot Research Funding Application– Download and fill out this form is you are actively involved in research for a defined dissertation topic for which you would like departmental assistance.

Professional Development Funding Application– Download and fill out this form if you are applying to take part in an event, activity, course etc., that furthers you as an academic and is in line with your research interests.



Graduate students must complete a request, through Concur, BEFORE ALL domestic and international travel. This is required for all research, field schools, or conference travel. Please contact Rebekah Luza in our business office for assistance at

Graduate students (enrolled as students at Texas A&M) must register international travel with the Education Abroad Office. This includes international travel to conferences and international travel for research.

Prior to August 1, 2011, if you registered with Study Abroad, you were automatically covered by SOS International for evacuation, but you had to purchase the health insurance separately. The university no longer uses the SOS service, but now uses Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI). When you sign up for the health insurance (which is highly recommended, even if you are already covered under a health insurance plan), you also are signed up for the travel insurance and evacuation insurance. For all the services this insurance provides, it is relatively inexpensive.

Texas A&M has contracted with CISI, a 24-hour travel and security assistance service for faculty, staff and students who travel to international destinations on official university business or an A&M sponsored trip. CISI manages a wide range of requests ranging from lost passports, physician referrals, and complex medical and security evacuations. For more information on additional coverage available to faculty and student travelers, please contact the Education Abroad Office at (979) 845-0544.

Register for CISI coverage.

According to University Rule 21.01.03.M1, traveling on university business to a country under a travel warning must have approval from the university President.  Effective April 4, 2012, the CONCUR Pre-trip Authorization process replaces the PDF versions of the Foreign Travel Request Form and Acknowledgement of Risk Form for all Texas A&M University System members who are participating in CONCUR. 

Research Compliance

IRB approval is required for all research projects involving human subjects. For more information, please consult the Texas A&M Office for Research Compliance and Biosafety website.




The Office of Graduate and Professional Studies website contains a comprehensive list of forms relevant to graduate studies, including:

These are the most commonly used forms for MA and PhD students:

Departmental Forms

In addition to the OGAPS forms, the Department of Anthropology uses the forms below as part of the assessment process. Please ensure that both forms are completed when you complete their MA or PhD degrees. (Bring a copy of these forms to your final committee meeting.)

haley streuding


All graduate students must complete a Graduate Student Annual Evaluation Form every year. Evaluation forms are used to evaluate student progress, to compile reports on the graduate program, and to assist the committee that makes decisions regarding departmental assistantships.



Curious about what search committees wish you knew? Want to learn how to make your CV impeccable? Would it help to hear newly minted PhD’s tell stories of their experience in the job market and at their first appointments?

The Chronicle of Higher Education has a series of articles compiled in a special report to answer questions like these that graduate students may have about entering the job market!

Read this series of articles now!